Opportunity arises from Rail Delivery Group as they recruit for PDF (Passenger Demand Forecasting) Scheme Research Manager.
RDG exists to unify, challenge and change.
Rail is fundamental to the country’s prosperity. Britain’s railway is increasingly important in connecting workers to jobs, businesses to markets, and people to their families and friends. The Rail Delivery Group brings together the companies that run our railway – passenger and freight operators, together with Network Rail and HS2 – providing services and support to enable them to succeed by delivering a better railway for their customers.
RDG’s values, known as ASPIRE, are Accountability, Support, Partnership, Inclusion, Respect and Excellence. Our values form an integral part of our recruitment, performance and recognition processes.
The permanent role within the Insights and Analysis team will lead in managing research conducted to develop and maintain the rail industry’s demand forecasting framework for the passenger rail industry and provide dedicated support to the PDF Scheme.
It will contribute to the development of the industry’s understanding of rail demand drivers and demand forecasting techniques through the application of specialist / technical transport economics expertise in study working groups and otherwise.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A highly organised and punctual research professional customed in achieving deadlines through effective prioritising of work and in a fast paced working environment
- Capable of managing a broad and diverse portfolio of research responsibilities, constantly assessing priorities and ensuring that key issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Have experience in exercising technical expertise to help stakeholders make sounds research decisions
Requirements of the role:
- ESSENTIAL – Detailed knowledge of rail industry and public transportation
- ESSENTIAL – Experience in research or demand forecasting
- ESSENTIAL – Proven experience of building and establishing strong working relationships across all levels of an organisation
- DESIRABLE – Experience in project management
- DESIRABLE – Knowledge of econometrics
DEADLINE – Submission by 6th August 2021
A CV will not be required at this stage – therefore if you believe you have the qualities we are seeking, you should submit a short summary of your key skills and experience (using the template below), detailing why you feel you would be a great fit for this role.
A full job description is available on request.
RDG supports Smart Working arrangements – which simply means you can choose the most suitable location within the UK to work, at the most appropriate times, as long as you respect the needs of the task, the customer, the individual and the team.
At RDG, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We want to attract candidates from every background irrespective of culture or belief, instilling camaraderie in the workplace, whereby the integration of individual thoughts and values are encouraged. We strive to avoid and challenge discrimination against individuals with regard to gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, national origin, age, disability, sexual or relationship orientation.