The Railway Industry Association (RIA), the national trade body for the rail supply community, has this week launched a new RIA Exports Leadership Group (RELG), with Xrail Group LTD, CEO Munir Patel appointed as its Chair, and Arup UKIMEA & Global High Speed Rail Leader, Andrew Went, as Vice-Chair.
The new Group brings together senior figures within the RIA Membership from UK based rail suppliers who export goods and services around the world. The RELG group will share their experiences and working with the RIA Exports and Trade Policy teams, offering export best practice, direction, advice and support.
The Group includes:
- Munir Patel, CEO, Xrail Group Limited & Chair
- Andrew Went, UKIMEA & Global High Speed Rail Leader, Arup & Vice Chair
- Lucy Prior, Business Engagement Director, 3Squared
- Tim Danvers, Business Development – Transportation, Atkins
- Craig Harvey, Commercial Director Rail, British Steel
- Michael Hird, Chairman, Hird Rail Group
- Tim Gray, Managing Director, Hitachi Information Control Systems Europe
- Paul Goodhand, Managing Director, Knorr-Bremse
- Robin Capel Dunn, Sales & Marketing Director, LPA Lighting Systems
- Joy Grover, Business Development Lead, PriestmanGoode
- Gavin Panter, Business Development Director (International), Resonate Group
- Jake Rudham, Marketing Director, Unipart Rail
Neil Walker, Exports Director at the Railway Industry Association, said: “We are delighted to launch our RIA Exports Leadership Group, working closely with our members, and congratulate Xrail’s Munir Patel on his appointment as Chair and Arup’s Andrew Went as Vice-Chair. It is particularly important at this time that we bring rail suppliers together to promote exports, with the UK negotiating free trade deals around the world, and as we look to build up our rail exports worldwide.
“We look forward to working with the RELG, RIA Members and our partners in Government, industry and overseas, to help UK companies make the most of future trade opportunities.”
Munir Patel, CEO of Xrail, said: “It is fantastic to be appointed Chair of the RIA Exports Leadership Group. RIA plays a leading role on rail exports, and I am excited to work with colleagues from across the industry to help showcase the world-class goods and services the UK has to offer. With overseas markets opening back up post-pandemic, it is an exciting time to be working in and promoting UK rail exports!”
Andrew Went, Arup UKIMEA & Global High Speed Rail Leader, said: “I am looking forward to working with Munir Patel, the RIA team and the RELG members, on helping to enhance the work RIA does on rail exports. As a RIA Board member too, I hope to provide a useful link between the RELG and Board so that they can help inform each others’ thinking.”