This privacy statement covers the website www.railpro.co.uk
The Data Controller for this website is Rail Professional Ltd, which owns Rail Professional and also manages the website.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform users of the website about:
- What information is collected about them when they visit this site
- How this information is used
- Whether this information is disclosed and in what circumstances
- The ways in which we protect users' privacy.
Information confidentiality and security
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To this end, we deploy industry-standard security measures on the website, and will continue to do so as new answers to new threats become available.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with third parties.
Your email address and any other details about you will not be disclosed or passed on to third parties, unless in exceptional circumstances in which such disclosure is required by a lawful government request or to comply with the demands of the law or to protect the security of the website and/or other users of the website against a specific threat or issue.
You have a right to request a copy of your personal details at any time to check the accuracy of the information held. If you wish to do this, please write to:
The Data Controller
Rail Professional Ltd
Essex CM11 1PU
Information we collect from visitors
We collect several kinds of information from visitors to the website:
- Email addresses and other personal data supplied by users of this website. This data is never passed to third parties, and is used by Rail Professional to allow readers to receive printed or digital copies of the magazine and to maintain subscription access to this website
- Site usage data in the form of log files and tracking cookies. Log files are maintained to help us keep the website secure. Cookies are used to make access to the website simpler and quicker for returning visitors (e.g. allowing forms to be pre-loaded), and visitors are able to turn off cookies in their browsers without affecting their ability to access the site and all its functionality. In addition, cookies are used to help create site usage statistics, e.g. which pages are the most read and which pages are the least read. Neither the log files nor cookies contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.