Testing and Commissioning Manager
Closing date: 15th June 2012
Position advertised by: AMEY
To provide technical direction, technical support and oversee the planning of all aspects Railway Signalling and Telecommunications testing and commissioning carried out within the business and develop the capability and capacity of the testing and commissioning group to meet the targets set for the business.
Amey is one of today’s leading public service providers, managing vital infrastructure services including rail, highways, waste and facilities management on behalf of both local and central government. This opportunity is within our Rail business. We have ambitious growth plans which means we are looking for a focused motivated Testing and Commissioning Manager to join our team. Responsible for all Signalling and Telecomms Testing and Commissioning projects in terms of programme, resourcing (internal and external), progress, safety, quality, environment and financial performance. You will implement and enhance where appropriate the procedures necessary to carry out Testing and Commissioning (T&C) within the Signals Telecommunications and Systems Business unit with the right to appeal to the Chief Signalling Engineer if required. In addition you will provide technical support and planning advice on T&C to the Business Unit at all stages of the project lifecycle. Responsibilities: Market the T&C group capability to secure new business both for T&C activities directly and for renewals and enhancement projects
- Ensure that T&C operations comply with the mandatory management procedures of the overall business including in particular the Safety Management System, Railway Safety Case, Contractors Assurance Case and Sub-contractor Validation System (SVS).
- Ensure through proactive leadership that the T&C team, including agency testers operating under Amey cover delivers all of its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), particularly safety items.
- Liaise with designers to ensure that they take cognisance of testing methodology.
- Promote the personal and competence development of staff in line with the HR systems.
- Maintain regular contact with the client’s representative to ensure effective communication and understanding of objectives.
- Maintain contact with other testing groups as a potential source of supply for resource and additional capacity.
- Liaise with Customers and represent Amey on T&C matters
- Provide support to the estimators on tenders.
- Maintain a cost control system for the department.
- Experience of managing between 6-40 direct reports
- Signals and Telecoms background, proven testing and commissioning experience
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Qualified as a ‘Tester In Charge’ (IRSE – Institution of Railway Signal Engineers)
- Planning and resource management experience
With our award winning benefits and structures to support our employees to achieve their goals, join Amey to maximise your potential as part of a winning team. To apply via our website, click here.
Closing date: 8th June 2012.